Monday, February 21, 2011

Not Sewing Clothes?



It's amazing how many people assume that because you have a sewing machine and vaguely know how to drive it you will make/repair/alter clothes. Generally the extent of my clothes making has consisted of a basket full of dress-ups in the play room, and might I just say there are some pretty cool dress ups among them.

However yesterday the tides turned and I made clothes for me! The pattern (or the bits I pinched) came from Vogue V8559, and the rest was history. I has a quick look at the pic on the front and made the rest up. the grey bit's are wool suiting and you can probably guess that the coloured bit's are kimono. It was a bit baggy at the back so darts and a little elastic were added and Ta Da! home made clothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment