Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Creative Space

Just a few little snippets of what is soon to be finished. I'm sure there are many of you who will have a pretty good understanding of how the end of my index finger and thumb are feeling at the moment. But I figure once the callouses are built up I will be able to power through quilts.....hopefully. Why the change to hand stitching? Sometimes when you work with a fabric it really does dictate the direction it needs to go, and it just didn't feel right to machine quilt vintage cottons. They have done so well to come this far that it seemed a bit wrong to have them machined, and so thus the running stitch.

For more creativity today visit kootoyoo.








3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of vintage goodness!
    Good on you for handstiching, i think it looks great ,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. spectacular - gorgeous stitching. You are having the chance to get intimate!

    ReplyDelete