Thursday, June 3, 2010

my creative space

Controlled chaos is what I like to call my space this week. Albeit very productive controlled chaos!


some really delicious books arrived in the mail today after six weeks on a boat from japan (way cheaper than airfreight). The skirt book is amazing, 20 skirts with patterns! A touch overwhelmed and just a bit too inspired at the moment to decide what to make first.

I took delivery of garbage bags filled with vintage sari's this week. An amazing family history that I will have the honour of piecing and quilting into six quilts that will become family heirlooms. I hope my beautiful Mel copes with the process, she was teary enough as we sorted them into colour piles. The first will be rich jewel tones, with a piece of the same panels in each quilt.


Mid week was a visit to my girls with the long arm machine to collect a kimono quilt....now to tackle the silk binding!!







.......and to collect my glorious vintage apron quilt.


Note that the husband in this house was initially unimpressed with the apron quilt........has now had a change of heart!





and me........ well I love it even more now but it will go to the madeit shop :(



Enjoy
Prue

No comments:

Post a Comment